Monday, May 19, 2014

The Book Blogger Test


Thanks to Kelly @ Diva Book Nerd, Francine @ Always Lost in Books and Jaz @ Fiction in Fiction in Fiction for tagging me! :)
Apparently the rules are thus: answer the questions and then tag some other book bloggers.
So, here goes!

What are your top three book pet hates?
1. Poor grammar and spelling. Especially it's/its and your/you're. Does that count as a book pet hate? Well, it does now. I make my own rules :P
2. Too much angst/whiny characters.
3. Unrealistic events- by this I mean unrealistic within the context of the book. For example, obviously a talking snake is unrealistic by our standards, but it's totally acceptable within the world of Harry Potter.

Describe your perfect reading spot.
Two words: my bed.

Tell us three book confessions.
1. There are literally only three people I trust enough to lend my books to.
2. Sometimes (i.e. most of the time), I don't actually read the blurbs of books properly. I judge whether I want to read them based on the cover, the author, the GR rating and whether it's been recommended to me by others.
3. When I want to sample a book, instead of doing what a normal person would do and read the first few pages, I open to a random page in the middle of the book. I have been spoilered multiple times because of this, and yet I continue to do it. I'm weird.

When was the last time you cried during a book?
Well, I've only ever cried while reading 7 books (according to my feels shelf on GR haha), the most recent of which was Strange and Ever After, in February. So many feels...

How many books are on your bedside table?
I unfortunately do not own a bedside table. In fact, there's basically no furniture in my bedroom except my bed and my bookshelf. And a wardrobe, but I suppose that's built into the wall, so I wouldn't necessarily call it "furniture".

What is your favourite snack to eat while you're reading?
Anything and everything sweet- chocolate, cookies, gummy bears etc etc

Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
And the time has come again for me to cheat.
1. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF BRANDON SANDERSON'S BOOKS. But in particular, Steelheart if you like YA books and The Way of Kings if you like epic fantasies.
2. Speechless by Hannah Harrington
3. OHMYGODIT'SSODIFFICULTTOCHOOSEATHIRD D: D: Um, let's go with The Fault in Our Stars. Also The Lies of Locke Lamora. Also Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Also Shatter Me. #sorrynotsorry

Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.
Well this is a picture of the bookshelf in my room:

And here's a photo of my favourite shelf:
It's fondly referred to as the Sanderson Shelf :')
I'll definitely be adding more pretties to it soon!

Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Om nom nom. (That's my mind devouring the books because they're so awesome. Does this make any sense at all? Probs not lol)

What is your biggest reading secret?
That I don't really get this question? YOU'VE ALREADY ASKED ME TO CONFESS THREE THINGS. Don't be greedy and ask for a fourth *smh* :P

Okay, so let's do a bit of tagging.
Kayla @ The Thousand Lives
Cayce @ Fighting Dreamer
And laziness wins out and I don't want to tag people who've already been tagged so....
Anyone else who wants to do it!