Sunday, April 19, 2015

Auto-Buy Authors


I'm sure we all have at least one auto-buy author- those authors whose books you wouldn't even think twice about buying. You hear about a new book by them? Bam, preordered. You see a new book by them in the bookstore and still don't own it for some reason? Bam, bought. Well, today I wanted to show you my auto-buy authors, and hear from you about yours!

I feel like the most important thing that makes you auto-buy an author is consistency. Of course, if an author has one book that's freaking amazing and another that is absolutely terrible, you're going to have reservations about buying any subsequent releases. So most of the authors on my list have released more than one book/series.


Books Owned
Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound, Last Sacrifice
Bloodlines, The Golden Lily, The Indigo Spell, The Fiery Heart, Silver Shadows, The Ruby Circle
Gameboard of the Gods, The Immortal Crown

Books Read But Not Owned
Georgina Kincaid series (6 books)
Dark Swan series (4 books)

So, I think this one applies more to her YA books- the only adult series I own by her is her Age of X series. I'm definitely going to be buying Soundless (a standalone coming out later this year) and The Eye of Andromeda (third book in the Age of X series) when they come out!


Books Owned
The Assassin's Blade, Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire
A Court of Thorns and Roses

Books Read But Not Owned
None

SARAH J MAAS AKJSDLFAESF!!
She's coming to Adelaide later this year and MY GOD I AM BEYOND EXCITED.
And I cannot wait for the rest of the Throne of Glass series and the ACOTAR series to be released! BRING ON THE MAAS.

Books Owned
The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian, The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades, The Blood of Olympus
The Red Pyramid, The Throne of Fire, The Serpent's Shadow
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

Books Read But Not Owned
The Demigod Diaries
The Demigod Files

The Percy Jackson saga is one of my favourite series ever, and it has honestly guaranteed that I will buy every book this man writes. The voices of his characters are just so realistic and funny and unique and memorable.


Books Owned
City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire
Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess
The Bane Chronicles

Books Read But Not Owned
The Iron Trial
The Shadowhunter's Codex

My auto-buying only applies to books that Cassandra Clare writes about the Shadowhunters (apart from the Codex; didn't really find that that interesting). She can "milk" the series all she wants, I'll be buying everything set in that world just for another glimpse of my beloved characters.



Books Owned
My Life Next Door
What I Thought Was True

Books Read But Not Owned
None

And heck yes I will be buying The Boy Most Likely To when it comes out! Honestly, it's kind of worth it to buy these books just to have on the shelf. The spines are ridiculously pretty.


Books Owned
Pivot Point, Split Second
The Distance Between Us
On the Fence

Books Read But Not Owned
None

Kasie West: Queen of Fluffy Contemporaries! Her books are so fabulously written. They never fail to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and her love interests are so damn swoony. Give me more, Kasie!


Books Owned
Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest

Books Read But Not Owned
None


The Lunar Chronicles series is so fantastic that I'm sure I'll enjoy anything else Marissa Meyer writes. I really like the way she ties through fairytale parallels, and I'm interested to see how she'll do with her Alice in Wonderland retelling!


Books Owned
Eleanor and Park
Fangirl
Attachments
Landline

Books Read But Not Owned
None

IS ANYONE ELSE RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED FOR CARRY ON?! The Simon Snow/Carry On excerpts were actually my favourite part of Fangirl, and I was almost more invested in their story than in Cath's haha.

Books Owned
Cruel Beauty

Books Read But Not Owned
None


I loved Cruel Beauty so much that I will buy anything else that Rosamund Hodge writes. Doesn't hurt that her next book, Crimson Bound, is super pretty either haha.


And if you know me at all, you were waiting for this name:
Books Owned
The Final Empire, The Well of Ascension, The Hero of Ages
The Alloy of Law
The Way of Kings, Words of Radiance
Elantris
Warbreaker
Steelheart, Mitosis, Firefight
The Emperor's Soul, Legion
The Rithmatist

Books Read But Not Owned
None

Being my favourite author and all, it would be a bit strange if Brandon Sanderson didn't show up on this list! I actually haven't read one of his series: Alcatraz, but am definitely planning on getting myself a copy of the omnibus at some point.

The above is just a selection of my auto-buy authors: I actually have a couple of others too. But you know, then this post would go on forever, so I thought I'd stop here.

Who are your auto-buy authors?